Product Design & Development Lab
Product Design and Development Lab (PDD Lab) is actively engaged in the area of concurrent engineering, interaction design, product design, sustainable design, human-computer interaction and multimedia research. The group brings together teaching staff and researchers, working on range of interrelated areas.
The lab is currently engaged in both research projects and commercial activities in the form of consultancy and CPD for industry. Our research has a focus on how to develop creative sustainable products, from the initial design stage through to completion and mass production, in the shortest time-scales. Our research approach in product design and development facilitates the production that enables minimum environmental impact, more energy efficiency, and the inclusion of social and ethical aspects of sustainability. Due to the multidisciplinary nature of our research we have been working proactively across faculties. Our activities cover a wide range of interrelated areas including.
- Product design and development
- Interaction design
- Inclusive and sustainable (economical, environmental, and social) design
- Innovation and Enterprise
- ICT for sustainable product design
- Web-based data sharing systems for collaborative product design and development
- Human Computer Interface for multi-disciplinary co-operative work
- Intelligent systems for agile organisations